LibreOffice Impress 3.4.4 and OpenLP 1.9.8

edited November -1 in Development

I have installed LibreOffice 3.4.4 in place of OpenOffice 3.3 and when OpenLP 1.9.8 now starts up, the LibreOffice program choice window opens full screen and remains open.  I have to manually minimise this window to get rid of it.  When I later run an Impress slideshow from within OpenLP, the Impress window then loads and opens followed by the Impress presenter window running the presentation.  It takes such a long time from instructing OpenLP to run the slideshow to it actually running that it makes it unusable.  You have to then Alt/Tab back to the OpenLP window to be able to regain control of OpenLP.

Surely this behaviour is all wrong isn't it.

Comments

• edited January 2012

I am seeing this as well. Does anyone have a fix?

The programme eventually responds, so we have to load impress long before we need it to be ready. And long before we need to use OpenLP, as it is unusable until it has loaded the presentation.

• edited January 2012

A number of issues have cropped up with LibreOffice 3.4, and we are aware of them, and looking into them.

• edited January 2012

I just got the latest updates to Ubuntu with the newest version of the Linux kernel and it seems something has changed somewhere that means OpenLP is working better with Impress.

It took a while to load the Impress presentation into the service yesterday, but once there it was quick to put it onto the screen. No more five or ten minute waits.

I'm going to go back and test it later this week and see if it was a miracle (yes, I believe in them) or if there really is a consistent dramatic improvement. Sunday is not a great day for running tests.

Also wondering if the new version 3.5 of Libre Office out very soon and the 1.9.9 version of OpenLP will yield much better cooperation.

• edited January 2012

That's great to hear. We don't use PowerPoint much at our church, but even so I can't say I've had many problems with Impress. We'll have to play around some more.