Automatically fit text size according to screen resolution?

edited January 2014 in General Support
Hi, I'm rather new to openlp.org and I want it to introduce in our youth ministries worship times. I'm really delighted about all the features and functionalities of this open source software, thank you very much!

One thing I really miss coming from PowerPoint: If I create a template, I have to input an absolute text size, e.g. 40pt. This wouldn't be a problem, if this size was always the same relative to the screen resolution. This is the case in PowerPoint. It doesn't matter, if the projector has 1920 x 1080 or 1024 x 768 - it automatically fits so that the text size is the same compared to the screen size. But in openlp if I create a template for a 1920 x 1080 projector and then want to use this on a lower resolution screen, the text is ways to large.

So my only solution would be to create different templates for each output resolution - correct? This I find rather complicated if I want others to use the software as well. Because than, they always have to now the projector's resolution and which template the need.

Or did I overlook something? If not, wouldn't this be a nice point for the "requested features" list? :-)

I would like to have a "relative" template, e.g. to input all measures in % or similar, or the option, after creating a template according to a distinct screen resolution, to tick an option like "automatically resize template for actual screen resolutions" or similar.

Does anyone else have this problem? How do you solve it?

Thanks

Toby

Comments