Now that I have connected a projector up, my previous post is in tatters. http://forums.openlp.org/discussion/2308/windows-8-1-and-powerpoint-a-real-problem/p1
I will give as much information as possible to help those who may be able to help me:
• A brand new HP Pavillion Laptop, Windows 8.1, not mucked about with
• OpenLP v 2.0.4
• Powerpoint viewer which I downloaded from here: from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=13
which took me here: download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/7/E675FFFC-2A6D-4AB0-B3EB-27C9F8C8F696/PowerPointViewer.exe
• LibreOffice 184.108.40.206
Following a posting on the forums, (Sorry cannot find it at present) I started the system up like this:
1. With everything off, plug the system together
2. Turn on the Projector, and wait for it to come on fully
3. Turn on Laptop
4. Select the Screen options in Windows - press Win key + P and select “Extend”
5. Start OLP and load up a service
The following problems were now evident:
1. LibreOffice sort of worked, but the presentation mode was there in the background, messing up the display. Not usable.
2. The “Taskbar” although fairly translucent, was always there, and in the way. Using Autohide helped sometimes and sometimes failed to help. Projecting song words also had the taskbar visible
3. Attempts to project PowerPoint caused OLP to lock up and eventually crash.
4. Sadly all this means that OLP is not usable
All in all it was not a happy outcome.
I solved the LibreOffice problem of presenter mode running in the background by going here:
c:\Program Files(x86) LibreOffice 4\program and looking for PresenterScreenlo.dll and renaming it to PresenterScreenlo.dll.OLD This fixed it.
However I am unable to sort the other issues, and, as it stands, OLP is not usable. I am very disappointed as I have been happily using it for a few years now on Windows XP and Windows 7
Does anyone have any ideas to help me here?
Thank you in advance.