My church is interested in moving away from SongShowPlus and using OpenLP with a new computer. I need a suggestion or "things to think about" as we "spec out" our new machine.
We previously used a desktop PC whose video card had two outputs. The DVI output went to a desktop monitor, and the HDMI output went to the projectors. Here are my thoughts thus far:
- With the new setup it would be nice to be able to display different things on each projector.
- We will need to monitor the OpenLP controls while the projectors display the actual content. I don't know if a laptop can display one program on the laptop screen while the video output is sent to projectors; is this possible?
- Most of our congregation isn't very tech savvy so I'm thinking a Mac would be a good plan, but we can use a Windows machine too. We are looking for a computer that we won't have to "mess with" after purchase.
- Refurbished computer seems reasonable.
- I5 processor seems more than adequate (??).
- How much RAM? 16GB?
- An SSD would be nice but I don't think it will be a requirement.